Welcome to the home of Stoneman Douglas Football. We are located in Parkland, Florida in Broward County and compete in Region 11 District 8A. We hope you find our new site full of useful and interesting information. We are excited about the direction of the program under Head Coach Quentin Short and his team of coaches and we are proud of our school, our community, and players.
2020 MSD EAGLES
As we get ready to start up conditioning we are continuing to get updates. Please see the newest updates below:
1. Each player that is set in a pod MUST SHOW UP ON TIME per the times given. There is a check-in process that has to be done per pod BEFORE the next pod can check in. This is the reason for the time staggering of each pod.
Example: A pod is scheduled for 6:40 pm - they should all be at the red gate in the senior lot & waiting at 6:40. They will come in as a group for check in. The next scheduled group is 7:00 pm - at 7 those players should be waiting at the red gate for check in. The key is for the pods to NOT interact during the check in process or during conditioning.
If a player is late to check in - that player will be sent home!
2. Each player must check in on the 1st day of conditioning with a printed copy of their completion certificate for the following 5 - FHSAA Required Courses:
A. Covid-19 for Student-Athletics, Coaches, and Administrators
B. Sudden Cardiac Arrest
C. Heat Illness Prevention
D. Concussion for Students
E. Concussion in Sports
**Please Note*** Some players may have some of these certificates already uploaded in the Athletic Clearance website - these certificates of completion still need to be printed off & brought with the player on the 1st day of conditioning.
HELLO PARENTS & PLAYERS!!!!
We are so excited & so close to starting!!
Please Read Important Information Below:
For those that were cleared for conditioning by the 9/11 cut-off date please note the following:
1. Due to the cost & necessary need for disinfecting - ALL players need to bring at least 1 (one) large container of disinfecting wipes to the 1st day of conditioning.
2. ALL athletes MUST be wearing a mask to show up to condition every day.
3. ALL athletes MUST provide their OWN water jug/bottle.
4. ALL players MUST use the QR Code attached daily for check in - info sent yesterday.
5. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE - If there is any player that is not feeling well, feeling less than 100%, under the weather, or any chance over a temp above 100.4 - DO NOT SEND THEM TO CONDITIONING!! PLEASE understand that all it takes is 1 player coming in sick to set a whole pod & potentially the ENTIRE team back 2 weeks!! Players will not be penalized. It is vital that each player understands the impact it could have on each player or coach (healthwise). Please make sure you are communicating with your player & your player is communicating with their coaches!!
Due to what is going on right now & our late start to the season - we need to be operating under the policy of "Better safe than sorry" rather than the "You need to tough it out".
6. Social distancing is required.
7. NO switching groups/pods & NO interacting with other groups/pods.
POD INFO & TIMES BELOW
1 HOUR CONDITIONING PER DAY
MONDAY - FRIDAY
ALL PLAYERS/PARENTS MUST COMPLETE THIS ONLINE!!
For additional infomation - please click on the Registration / Forms tab above.
We have created a new message alert system in the REMIND app (same as the school uses) as a quick way to let our parent know important updates. We will use this system for any upcoming activities & trips as well as throughout the season for any important last minute changes, updates, or reminders!!
Set up your text alerts for ALL PLAYERS & PARENTS!!
Text @msdfb to 81010 to receive alerts from Stoneman Douglas Football.
We are doing everything we can to make sure everyone is as up to date on information as we can. We are looking forward to a great season!!!
Please also check out our social media!!
Another way to share information!!
Facebook: Stoneman Douglas Football
Twitter: Stoneman Douglas Football